Tuesday, December 8, 2009

If only there were more hours in the day

A lot has happened in two months. A lot of school, really...not much else. Medical school is going well, but sometimes it seems like an 80 hour-a-week job.

I have been knitting some, I just haven't gotten around to blogging or updating Ravelry in a while. Adding to the problem is that my photographer/husband is still in a different state. But the good news is that he won't be away for much longer! He will be getting out of the Navy in the beginning of 2010 and moving back to Arkansas with me :)

The fact of the matter is that his impending return has me quite excited. Currently I am still living on campus, but will soon be looking for a new apartment to house the both of us (and hopefully, a pet as well.) I really can't wait to set up a home again with my own furniture instead of this dormitory-style stuff. I am hoping to be the owner of a new sewing machine soon, and I have all manner of ideas to decorate a new place. Placemats, pillow covers, shower curtains... never mind the fact that I don't know the first thing about sewing. No time like the present to learn.

There hasn't been loads of cooking going on, either. That didn't stop me from getting a new Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 slow cooker last week. It is absolutely divine next to my old 2 qt. slow cooker that quick functioning on "low" and now only functions at a level of "high" that must be similar to the blazes of hell. The nice, new slow cooker sits patiently in the kitchen waiting, along with all the sewing and knitting ideas in my head, for the day when gross anatomy doesn't thieve all of my time and energy.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful homecoming that will be. A new slow cooker sounds great. I have one that is 20 years old and can only fit roasts in, but not much else, for the size of my family. I'm sure you can pick up sewing easily. I did, 20 years ago, and haven't stopped. The only problem is there is so much amazing inspiration out there in terms of how you can decorate it can be overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. our slow cooker doesn't get as much use as it should...mostly because I forget I need to get itt ready in the morning to cook all day! Sewing is a pretty easy and fun skill to pick up! There are so many fun things to do!

    ReplyDelete