Saturday, December 12, 2009

House envy and gift bows

This evening I went to a baby shower for a woman in my class. It was a party for couples, but the husbands may have actually outnumbered the wives. Anyway, the shower was at an amazing house out in the glitzy part of town and the decorations were so amazing that I wish I had taken pictures so that I could use them for future inspiration when we finally have a home of our own. The hostess had some Yankee candles that made the whole house smell like she had been baking goodies all day. My gift for the new baby included two hand-knit bibs, though unfortunately I forgot to take photos. But just to prove that there really has been knitting going on, here is a photo of (part of) an entrelac scarf that is sloooowly chugging along:

The yarn is Noro Silk Garden purchased from my fave LYS in San Diego when I last visited over fall break. At first doing the entrelac was a bit challenging, then it was hugely, stupendously fun, but now it is just ridiculously tedious. I am near the end of the 3rd skein of Noro, with another whole skein to go before the scarf is actually long enough to be a scarf. It is beginning to look like this poor guy won't be worn until next winter. Oh well. There are a few other FO's and WIP's that may get posted soon if my dear husband can be coerced into photographing them when he's here on Christmas leave.

In other crafting news, the ribbon coasters have been stalled because I can't seem to focus on any project for more than a day or two before all interest in the task flies right out the window and lands hard on some fascinating new project. For example, just earlier this evening I made a gift bow out of paper torn from an old Knit Picks catalog.


Please excuse the blur and poor lighting, but if you look just the right way you may see that this paper was formerly an advertisement for Knit Picks Options needles!

There are some other projects at the top of my to-do list- the likes of decorative hurricane lamps and homemade gift boxes- but the last exam of the semester is in less than a week. I gotta cool my jets on crafting and get focused on school for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment