Saturday, May 23, 2009

Changes keep happening

Yesterday was my last day at work. I was thoroughly excited about it for weeks, but now that I am actually unemployed...well, it just feels weird. I left on a good note, though. And just in time, too. Next week the store is going to get a completely new register system and a remodel. But the best part about all this newly found free time will be that I can spend more time working on Alison's Nightie, which has to be done by June 26.

So on Thursday night the husband and I saw Ben Folds live at the House of Blues. Holy hell, that was one awesome concert. We were really close to the stage, the performance was really spectacular, and he played all the songs I wanted to hear. Everyone know that I am a Ben Folds fan to the point of lunacy, while my poor husband is not. But even he thought the concert was one of the best live shows he's ever seen. I didn't get any pictures from the show, but I did get a souvenir t-shirt. It was one major thing to mark off of my life's To-Do List.

More changes are coming up quickly. In a week my wisdom teeth are getting pulled, which gives me anxiety to no end. But at least the damn dentist will stop telling me how badly they need to come out. And soon my sister will fly out to San Diego so that she can help me load up my stuff and haul it back to Arkansas. In August I will be an official med student. I just hope that knitting time won't be completely overshadowed by study time.

1 comment:

  1. I had my wisdom teeth pulled last September, and I was scared too because it was the first time I had to be put to sleep. It's not too bad if you have a good doctor. Just be sure to have somebody around to drive you home afterwards because you will be REALLY groggy and be sure to change the ice packs on your face every hour or so to keep down the chipmunk cheek syndrome. :-)

    ReplyDelete