Friday, May 15, 2009

Today was a good day

Although I still have one more week to go at my job, today was my good-bye potluck party. I have to say that it was a pretty touching event. I was given a card that all of my coworkers wrote nice little comments in. I was surprised all day with sneak-camera attacks. One of the women I work with said she is going to print those photos out and make an album for me to take back to Arkansas. All in all, it was a great day. And everyone loved my spinach artichoke dip! I would have taken a picture of it, but that sort of thing doesn't photograph in an appealing way, you know? It is, however, super easy to make. Here is the recipe I use:

Spinach Artichoke Dip

1 pkg. cream cheese
1 pkg. frozen spinach, thawed and drained very well
1 can or jar artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (the kind in the plastic tub that is often found close to the cream cheese)
1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper

Soften cream cheese at room temperature. Heat oven to 350. Lightly spray a glass baking dish (8x8 is a good size.) Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon mixture into baking dish and smooth the surface with a spatula. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. If you like an extra cheesy top layer, uncover dish after 25 minutes and top with a layer of the shredded cheese blend. Bake uncovered for another 5 minutes.


On the knitting front things are at a standstill. I had a moment of why-the-hell-do-I-keep-casting-on-new-things-when-I-should-be-working-only-on-Alison's-nightie frustration, which led me to throw my hands up in the air and turn my back to all the wip's sitting on my coffee table. I did, however, pick up a couple of cute buttons from a fabric store that I learned about from crochetgurl. The problem is that I am not sure if the project for which the buttons are intended will ever reach fruition. Oh, well. I'll write more on that once I decide whether to abandon it or just plow forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment