Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lots O' Stuff

Umm..although it seems like when a person doesn't blog for a couple of weeks, there must not be anything interesting going on, that is certainly not always the case. And today I realized both the near and far future will be so busy that I will have even less time for blogging, so this post is going to serve as a summary of events.

1.) I left San Diego and moved back to Arkansas.
This was a hard move to make, especially since my husband has to stay in California until he gets out of the Navy next year. Also it is difficult because I had gotten used to the city life, but San Diego and rural Arkansas have nothing in common. Not a damn thing. So even though I am back at the place where I spent my childhood, the adjustment to a slower lifestyle has not come naturally. But I don't expect the slow pace to last for long because...

2.) This summer I start medical school.
It's finally happening. I moved my belongings down to the campus yesterday and was genuinely impressed with everything I saw and everyone I talked to. Even so, the anxiety is creeping up on me. The standard questions of "Can I really do this?" and "How hard will it be?" and "What if I get behind?" are racing around my head.

3.) I finished Alison's Nightie.
Yep, the day before the wedding I finally wrapped it up, literally and figuratively. It turned out quite nice. The yarn loosened up and softened after washing. It even fits her well. Unfortunately the only pics I have are crappy cell phone shots taken in a hotel room, so I am not going to post any FO pics now in the hope that I will get better pics soon.

4.) I have not been knitting recently.
Partly because I am trying to save money, and partly because all of my knitting supplies are still packed in a moving box. It has taken all of the restraint I have to not go to the one yarn shop in town and start spending money. Instead I have been sitting on the porch reading Michael Crichton books.

5.) I am sad that I may not be knitting as much in the future.
Ahh, the days when I was a housewife with nothing but free time to knit and surf Ravelry are over. Evening knitting time is probably going to be replaced with study time. But it may be a good opportunity to knit up more scrap stash yarn into mitered squares for psychedelic squares afghan I started last year. Hmm...perhaps set aside 30 mins each day to make a square? That would be easier than almost any other project that comes to mind.

Well, that concludes the summary. We'll see how the next few weeks pan out.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on med school! Definitely knit through it--I did, and had a much better time of it than most. Do you have the Med School Survival Guide? Let me know if you want a copy (I have 2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, yoel :) No, I don't own the survival guide but I would be very pleased to have it.

    ReplyDelete