Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Recovery time and knitting time go hand in hand.

It's been 5 days since my wisdom teeth came out and I am just now beginning to recuperate. Eating is still a challenge, but there has been plenty of time to sit on my haunches and knit. And knit I have. The end is in sight for Alison's Nightie. Twenty-one inches in and only nine more to go. After working on that project for 3 days in a row my attention strayed elsewhere. Yesterday I ventured out into public, swollen jaw and all, in search of Noro Kureyon. My favorite LYS was a little farther than I cared to drive, so I went to an LYS more conveniently placed near my home. I was disappointed to see they had no Kureyon, but I didn't want to leave empty-handed so I bought some circular needles and then went to the mall across the street.

A walk around the mall and then through Micheal's left me with the memory that I told my husband I would wear a dress out to our anniversary dinner this weekend. Well this particular dress and this particular weekend kind of require a shrug or something similar to cover the shoulders. So I looked through the yarn at Micheal's and picked out something lightweight with a little shimmer.

Upon returning home I promptly searched Ravelry for a pattern for a shrug or bolero that would go with my dress. But there was a problem in that I already had a specific look for the shrug in mind and I wasn't seeing it in any existing patterns. I decided to try to conjure up my own pattern (with the aide of an instructional book) and cross my fingers that I can knit this thing up by Saturday. So far, so good. I'll know more tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Let me guess, you went to The Needleworks! I love that store too. The people are friendly, but I feel like there isn't enough of a selection of yarn.

    Does Michael's have the new yarn dept yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, The Needleworks :) I love it because it's close! I agree that their selection could be bigger. My fave, though, is Needlecraft Cottage in PB.

    Michael's had a few new yarns out that I hadn't seen before. One called Impeccable and a lot more Vanna's Choice than I remember. But there were several empty shelves so I don't think they're completely done yet.

    ReplyDelete